This process outlines the requirements and steps to prepare and upload your files for ingestion.
Files–Two PDF files, 1 Cover and 1 Body file.
Please use this naming convention, ISBN#_Cover.pdf and ISBN#_Text.pdf.
File Adobe PDF Preflight
Files must be of PDF/X standard compliance. (see below). If in doubt, customers can run the files through Adobe; Tools; Print Production; Preflight PDF/X Compliance checker prior to sending to HP.
Adobe Compliance Standards
- PDF/X-1a - this is the minimum standard.
- PDF/X-4 - this is the preferred standard.
File Upload Request
Navigate to the following web address http://solutionssupport.ext.hp.com/support/home
Login using your HP supplied credentials.
Select New Support Ticket
Please fill out the required information noted by the Red Asterisk.
Subject–Please indicate that this is a “File Ingestion Request”
Product–From the drop-down menu select “Piazza - Ingestion Request”
- Quantity of titles
- List of ISBNs (List can be in the attached .csv file)
- Classification -–New Files Or Updates to Existing
- File location or request a file location for file transfers (FTP or other method)
- Attach file .csv file with title metadata for all ISBN requested for upload.
1. CSV File Example
2. Ingestion Support Ticket Example